Experienced N.J. litigation attorney. Since 1987, specializing in commercial litigation, shareholder disputes, employment issues, and substantial personal injury matters.
Representing corporations and individual clients in New Jersey for 30 years.
Brian J. Fruehling is an accomplished and reputable litigation attorney based in Madison, New Jersey. Mr. Fruehling regularly provides legal counsel and representation to the firm's many longstanding corporate clients - both inside the courtroom and in the boardroom. Mr. Fruehling provides counsel regarding contract issues, shareholder claims, employment matters, business disputes, and numerous additional legal challenges faced by clients. Mr. Fruehling also has a successful 30-year practice representing plaintiffs in personal injury cases. Mr. Fruehling frequently serves as an expert witness in legal malpractice cases, and also represents lawyers in attorney ethics proceedings. Mr. Fruehling is an active member of New Jersey's legal community, having been appointed by the N.J. Supreme Court to serve as Chair of the N.J. District X Attorney Ethics Committee in 2003, was elected and served as President of the Morris County Bar Foundation in 2009, and was elected and served as President of the Morris County Bar Association in 2011. Mr. Fruehling also has been appointed by the N.J. Superior Court to serve as a Rule 1:20-19 Trustee, and is a founding member of the Morris County Bar Association's volunteer attorney mediation program that serves the Superior Court. Mr. Fruehling is admitted to the bars of New Jersey, New York, and the United States Supreme Court.
- Proven track record of winning cases for corporate and individual clients in a wide range of legal settings, since 1987.
- In 2007, won an award of $3.12 million. The client claimed to be an oppressed shareholder and alleged his interest was marginalized in a N.J. corporation.
- Regularly prepared and reviewed employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, covenants not to compete, and handled employment issues such as sexual harassment and discrimination cases, for individuals and corporate clients of the firm.
- Won numerous personal injury trials and also obtained substantial settlements on behalf of seriously injured clients throughout New Jersey for 30 years.
- In 1997, obtained a settlement of $865,000.00 for a client injured in a slip and fall case, during jury trial.
- Represented numerous lawyers in attorney ethics proceedings and obtained favorable dispositions, since 2005.
- In 2017, successfully defended a corporate client in a multi-million dollar high-stakes securities litigation, defeating all claims for injunctive relief and allegations of fraud, and thereafter obtained a dismissal of the entire lawsuit, without any payment to the plaintiffs.
- Court-appointed volunteer mediator primarily for business disputes, Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County, from 2005 to present.
- In 1998, obtained a settlement of $650,000.00 for a client injured in an automobile-motorcycle accident case, during jury trial.
- In 2010, successfully represented a client in an age and ethnicity discrimination case, obtaining a settlement in the amount of $250,000.00.
- In 2013, successfully represented a personal injury plaintiff, obtaining a settlement of $200,000 for client injured in an automobile-bicycle accident case.
- In 2003, appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court as Chair of the District X Ethics Committee. Responsible for management and supervision of 45 attorneys, scheduling hearings, conducting investigations, compliance and reporting to N.J. Office of Attorney Ethics.
- Frequently retained as an expert witness in legal malpractice litigation (plaintiffs and defendants).
- In 2011, elected and served as President of the Morris County Bar Association.
***Results will vary depending upon the facts and circumstances of your case.
1987—University of Richmond Law School, J.D.
1984—Moravian College, B.A. in Political Science
President, Morris County Bar Association, 2011
President, Morris County Bar Foundation, 2009
Chair, District X Attorney Ethics Committee for Morris and Sussex Counties, 2003
MCBA, Chair, Lawyer Referral Service, 2001-2009
MCBA, Member, Civil Practice Committee, 2000-present
MCBA, Judge, Mock Trial Competition, 2005-2010
Lecturer on Attorney Ethics, Business Litigation, and Solo Law Practice for New Jersey State Bar Association CLE-accredited seminars and Morris County Bar Association CLE-accredited seminars. Author of articles on Attorney Ethics and Solo Law Practice published by The Morris Lawyer, New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, and The New Jersey Law Journal.