Brian J. Fruehling is an accomplished and reputable litigation and corporate attorney based in Madison, New Jersey. Mr. Fruehling regularly provides legal counsel and representation to the firm's many longstanding business clients - both inside the boardroom and in the courtroom.
Representing corporations and individual clients in New Jersey for over 30 years.
Mr. Fruehling provides counsel regarding contract issues, shareholder claims, employment matters, business disputes, and numerous additional legal challenges faced by the firm's clients. Mr. Fruehling frequently serves as an expert witness in legal malpractice cases, and also represents lawyers in attorney ethics proceedings. Mr. Fruehling is an active member of New Jersey's legal community, having been appointed by the N.J. Supreme Court to serve as Chair of the N.J. District X Attorney Ethics Committee from 2003-2004, was elected and served as President of the Morris County Bar Foundation in 2009 and thereafter as President of the Morris County Bar Association in 2011. Mr. Fruehling is admitted to the bars of New Jersey, New York, and the United States Supreme Court.
- Proven track record of winning cases for corporate and individual clients in a wide range of legal settings, since 1987.
- In 2007, won an award of $3.12 Million. The client claimed to be an oppressed shareholder and alleged his interest was marginalized in a N.J. corporation.
- Regularly provides outside general counsel services regarding employment issues such as sexual harassment and discrimination cases, for corporate clients of the firm.
- Won numerous personal injury trials and also obtained substantial settlements on behalf of seriously injured clients throughout New Jersey for 30 years.
- In 1997, obtained a settlement of $865,000.00 for a client injured in a slip and fall case, during jury trial.
- In 2017, successfully defended a corporate client in a high-stakes securities litigation valued over $15 Million, defeating all claims for injunctive relief and allegations of fraud, and thereafter obtained a dismissal of the entire lawsuit, without any payment to the plaintiffs.
- In 1998, obtained a settlement of $650,000.00 for a client injured in an automobile-motorcycle accident case, during jury trial.
- In 2010, successfully represented a client in an age and ethnicity discrimination case, obtaining a settlement in the amount of $250,000.00.
- In 2013, successfully represented a personal injury plaintiff, obtaining a settlement of $200,000 for client injured in an automobile-bicycle accident case.
- Mr. Fruehling is a founding member of the Morris County Bar Association's volunteer attorney mediation program, and also serves on the Morris County Professionalism Committee.
***Results will vary depending upon the facts and circumstances of your case.
1987—University of Richmond Law School, J.D.
1984—Moravian College, B.A. in Political Science
President, Morris County Bar Association, 2011
President, Morris County Bar Foundation, 2009
Chair, District X Attorney Ethics Committee for Morris and Sussex Counties, 2003
MCBA, Chair, Lawyer Referral Service, 2001-2009
MCBA, Member, Civil Practice Committee, 2000-present
MCBA, Judge, Mock Trial Competition, 2005-2010
Lecturer on Attorney Ethics, Business Litigation, and Solo Law Practice for New Jersey State Bar Association CLE-accredited seminars and Morris County Bar Association CLE-accredited seminars. Author of articles on Attorney Ethics and Solo Law Practice published by The Morris Lawyer, New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, and The New Jersey Law Journal.